I recently was asked what my passion has been & I had to think about it for a minute. Last month I wrote in a post about how I have started looking for God in everything that I do, to recognize God. So as I thought about it, I realized that, indirectly, recognition has been my passion; recognition of God and of His creations. Going in to 2018 I want to start noticing and begin pursuing some new passions. I am labeling these as my New Year’s Passions, rather then resolutions because a resolution is just a decision to do or not to do something, but a passion is a strong & uncontrollable force of sorts. I’m recognizing the interest in these things in myself and allowing myself to indulge and explore them in this upcoming year & I invite you to explore them along with me!!!
- Creativity; I want to allow myself a portion of the day to either think creatively or to create something.
- Organization; in other words “de-clutter”.. I want to clean out my room & my space and make it cleaner and brighter. This would include removing any clutter and unneeded things from my space.
- Discomfort; This one sounds weird, because why would I want to be uncomfortable? But God doesn’t want us to be comfortable in our faith, which is kind of what I’m referring to here. I want to step out of my comfort zone faith-wise by glorifying God in ways I wouldn’t normally consider such as reaching out to someone I wouldn’t typically. Something I want to step out of my comfort zone with is giving myself opportunities and asking for opportunities, something I wouldn’t normally do.
- Leadership; I want to challenge myself to input myself into leadership roles whether they be official or just self-proclaimed. This one includes a little bit pf stepping out of my comfort zone (referring to essentially asking for positions), which coincidentally is one of my other passions… IT ALL CONNECTS!!!
- Kindness; This is something I try to practice everyday anyways, but in this upcoming year I want to challenge myself to project this onto everyone I come in contact with.
- Faith; Of course this is always a passion of mine, I just want to continue to pursue my relationship with God and strengthen that relationship.
These are 6 passions that I want to further explore in the upcoming 2018, if you feel called & lead to explore these, feel free!! A happy & healthy 2018 to all of you.
Thanks for bein here, I appreciate ya.